Thursday, August 30, 2012

Quote of the Day | 'An absolute blight on modern culture'

Quote of the Day | 'An absolute blight on modern culture'

"Watchmen" panels re-lettered using Comic Sans

'What really bugs me is the letter 'I' in it because in comic books you only use the capital letter 'I', which is the one with the crossbars on it, for the first person pronoun. You never use it as a capitalisation of a word or within a word but I believe in Comic Sans that is the only letter 'I' that is available. So the whole thing always looks wrong to me. I think it's a blight, an absolute blight on modern culture.'

' Watchmen artist Dave Gibbons, whose lettering for the landmark 1986 miniseries helped to inspire
the widely reviled font Comic Sans, on the typographical terror he unwittingly helped to unleash on the world.

Leave a Comment



0 comments:

Post a Comment