Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dustin Weaver knocks my robotic socks off with this Astonishing X-Men cover

Dustin Weaver knocks my robotic socks off with this Astonishing X-Men cover

Astonishing X-Men has been in the news lately, bringing some much-deserved exposure for the covers that Dustin Weaver has been doing for the comic. Take, for instance, the cover to issue #52, featuring Karma giving her robotic leg a tune-up.

'Not your typical X-Men cover, I think. Convincing the editors to let me go with this idea took some doing,' Weaver said on his blog. 'You know how they tell you to pick your battles, well I picked one. But now I'm left to wonder, if I've only got so many battles I can fight, did I pick the right one?'

I'd say yes.

Check out the complete cover (with a bunch of fun background details) after the jump, and head over to Dustin's blog for more on the process he used to create it.

Leave a Comment



0 comments:

Post a Comment